Benjamin Moore Color Trends 2022
ben Interior Paint
Need Help Selecting a Sheen?
What is Sheen?After you have your perfect product you will need to choose the perfect sheen. Sheen refers to how shiny the finish will look. When deciding on sheen you will want to consider whether that area is high/low traffic and the condition of the wall.
Pearl is in the middle of the sheen spectrum and is most popular for high-traffic areas. It has an almost iridescent quality, and because it creates a smooth, less porous surface, it's easier to clean and is often used in kitchens and bathrooms, as well as for trim details, such as doors, window frames, base moldings, and crown moldings.
Before you or your contractor buy paint, find out exactly how much you'll need. If more than one room is being painted with the same colour, add up the total square footage.
PLEASE NOTE: These calculations are not intended to give more than a rough estimate. Precise paint needs will vary according to many factors, including the application method. These calculations assume 2 coats of paint and do not include the ceiling.
TINTED PRODUCT IS NOT RETURNABLE
Use the following formula to estimate the amount of wall paint you need. Double the result if the walls require two coats.
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum by the wall height, to find the total wall area.
3. Subtract 20 square feet for each door to find the actual amount of wall area you‰۪re painting.
For Example: If you have 2 doors (2 x 20 =40); you would subtract 40 square feet.
4. Divide this figure by the paint coverage (400 square feet per gallon), and the result is the number of gallons to purchase for one coat.
5. Multiply this figure by 2 and the result is the number of gallons to purchase for two coats.
Doesn't seem right? We would love to help, contact us now!